Saturday 16 May 2020

What i get up to on a regular basis (Whanau -Family Time)

Karakia 
16.05.2020


Whanau to me means everything, so please bless these amazing people i call my own
Amen. 

Here is a photo of my uncles, papa and cousins putting down a (hangi) Maori word for underground meal :) Hangi a maori traditional style eating process.


Here the food is put into baskets and put into creates and put in the ground to cook
Here my family are bringing the kai (food) out of the ground 

 Wah Lah Its cooked (beautiful) 
Look at that yummy stuffing (breadcrumbs, butter and a whole heap of mixed herbs.)
Kaimoana (sea food) 
crays. 

A hangi takes at least 3-4 hours long depending on the quantity of the kai being cooked. 
you have to leave to cook so that the meat is tender enough it falls straight off the bone.

(YUUUUMY) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.