Thursday 14 May 2020

Enviroschool (Yucky Bugs)

Karakia
14.05.2020



Yucky Bugs 

Facts about Yucky Bugs
1. Did you know Mites are needed here in NZ They were Imported into NZ
To kill off Gorse.

2. Bugs that are needed to kill bugs in your bedroom that most people do not like
These are Daddy Long legs 

3. Earthworms are good for compost.
4. Tiger slugs eat protein
5. NZ leave vain slugs have breathing holes, they clean and poop at the same time. 


I created My Yucky Bug its called 
YIN YANG


Using A Mask, i cut out 8 legs and drew on eyes GREEN eyes, Then i made the top of where your nose sits the mouth :) 




2 comments:

  1. Dear Benjamin ,
    Thank you for sharing those interesting facts. My daughters are scared of daddy long legs now I can tell them they are needed to kill bugs! Great idea using a mask to create your bug. Do you have as favourite bug?
    God bless
    Mrs Tilley

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite bug would have to be the Grey field slug Mrs Tilley. It is a Air breathing land slug.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.