Friday 27 March 2020

Super Senses FROM Benjamin



Interesting fact                                  27.03.2020
My dad has a LARGER nose than my mum :P



Today I gathered A few house hold items and used my nose to smell what different smells there were.

1.starting with our hand soap
Dettol Hand wash (it smelt like roses :))
2. Baby Wipes (They were Fragrance free, so i could not smell anything, it was really wet tho.
3. I opened a packet of strawberry creme cookies (those smelt delish. :) like candy
4. I got a vanilla smelling candle out of the bathroom. (smelt very fresh like walking into a room with incense lit :)
5. two pieces of fruit first off a apple (Very fruity-makes me want to eat it lol)
6. second piece of fruit i chose to smell was a kiwi fruit (yummy smell, smells like my nana's garden
7. Paper was the obvious choice, smelt like (trees) :)

So that is what i have smelt today with one of our most important senses we have :)
Thanks

Taste                                              28.03.2020
Explain one fact you have learned about TASTE 
1. Everyone has different taste buds, we all taste differently.


You taste different things, some things are soft, some are hard, some are sweet
Today I Gathered a few different items at home of what i tasted, I made sure that i did it over Breakfast :)
Starting with my favourite cereal Weetbix, Crunchy, then soft after adding warm water and milk :)
2. Milk 
Smooth like silk, 

3. Sugar 
Grainy type, sweet, delicious, yummy, makes everything taste better. 
FACT: When you block your nose and taste something its a weird type sensation
you cant smell what your tasting, you can still taste the flavor tho. Mum and i tried
rice crackers bbq flavor. :)


FACT; Mum told me Brown sugar raw is better than white sugar.
Thanks for viewing my blog today god bless Benjamin

4 comments:

  1. Dear Benjamin,
    What creative learning you have been doing a home. I like the way your described the smells as well and related them to other things you know.
    Try blocking your nose and trying to taste? What happens then?
    Ma Te Wa
    Mrs Aperahama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Aperahama, i tried blocking my nose :) i did update my post. :) Thank you

      Delete
  2. Awesome, Great work... Well Done... what an excellent work...What else
    have you been doing at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sree, i have been good. My mum works with your mum :) mum showed me pictures. i have been doing alot of working. i find it hard at times to remember what mrs aperahama has told us, so i look back on our class room videos. :) that helps. all the best. have a good holiday.
      Ben

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.